So far this week, we have talked about getting all the paper in your life sorted and organized so you can move forward with a good system. I also presented a filing system that works at both work and at home. Today – I want to talk about cutting down the paper all together.
That is why it is important to find other ways to get information.
This is really pretty easy and you’ll be amazed at how much you can get your paper situation under control if you take a few steps to stop the paper from coming in.
1. Stop the junk mail – there are many ways to do this and many can be found online. Here is one tool that I found http://donotmail.org/
2. Elect to get your statements, invoices, bills, etc. via email notification. – Not only does this reduce paper, but it is also safer.
3. Browse catalogs online – versus receiving catalogs in the mail.
4. Read newspapers and magazines online.
5. Use online tools like www.delicious.com to bookmark your favorite websites. The nice thing about websites like this is it is web-based and not computer based like ‘bookmarks” are. And instead of printing out that article for your next vacation destination or a recipe you’d like to try, you can save it to “My Delicious” and call it up anytime, anywhere.
Hope these are some ideas that will work for you. Have others? Please feel free to share! Want more information on these ideas – feel free to comment or contact me directly.
Hope you have a wonderful day.
Time Saver/Time Management Guru
Finding more minutes in your day
“This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. “
— Ralph Waldo Emerson