I thought today’s edition of Not Me Monday could involve a little audience participation. With it being graduation season, I wanted to share with you a couple of the best bits of advice I have gotten in my life.
- A couple of days before I got married, a friend of my mom’s said to me: “Have an interest or activity that you do as a couple and have an interest or activity that you do by yourself.”
- My dad said this as part of a toast at my high school graduation party: “Never stop asking questions.”
- My company commander while in boot camp for the Navy put this spin on it: “They can call you Bitch all they want, as long as they spell it with a capital ‘B‘.”
- After getting fired from a job I had in college where just the month previous, I had been employee of the month, (I’ll tell you the story someday) – after about a week, I heard my position had been filled and all was going on like I had never worked there…. I told myself: “Don’t get too cocky….everyone is irreplaceable.“
- Right after my son was born and I was complaining about how tired I was, my mom told me…and while this isn’t really advice per say – it did put it into perspective: “You’re going to be tired for the next eighteen years.“
So now it is your turn – what is the best little bit of advice have you received?
PS – we’re still going strong, but I need your help in selling 100 copies of my eBook Making Time for Dinner. Please share with your friends or buy a copy for yourself. It is the most time saving $.99 you’ll ever spend.