As we turn the page on Halloween, soon we’ll be feeling the pressure of the Holiday season. Already stores are lining their shelves with gifts for your loved ones. But staying ahead of the game is one way to stay sane during this already crazy time of year.
During the next couple days I suggest we all create THE LIST. This list contains all the things that need to be done, gifts to buy, cookies to bake, deadlines to meet over the next couple months. It will keep you on track and focused so you stay on budget (time and money). It will keep you from becoming distracted and feeling frantic from last minute issues that always creep up.
Things to include on THE LIST:
- Gift ideas for everyone that is on your list. This includes family, friends, babysitters, teachers, hostess gifts, etc. Include EVERYONE that you will need to buy a gift for this year. Create seperate columns for budget amounts, locations where the idea can be purhcased and a check off box when it has been completed.
- Newsletter or Holiday gift card list. Create your list now of who will receive your annual newsletter or to whom you will be mailing cards. Do you include photos of your family or your kids? Count the total number of cards and photos you will need to purchase and have printed.
- Deadlines. Create a list of important deadlines and dates and what needs to be done prior to these dates. Dates to make note of – your target dates to ship packages and holiday cards, parties you know you will be attending or that you will be throwing, when your in-laws arrive, when your daughter’s Nutcracker recital is and when the last day of school is and when it starts again.
- Planning. Once you have your list created of all important details, look it over and start making your plan. Don’t forget to have your calendar available. Plug in your deadlines and important dates.
- Call Amy – if the idea of another Holiday season seems too stressful, call me for help. Together we can organize the next couple of months so you can enjoy the magic of the season.
Hope you have a great day!